Easy Onion Burgers Recipe
A quick and easy recipe for onion burgers bursting with flavor. This recipe is perfect for weeknight meals, tailgating, game day, or cookout.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2pounds/900 grams of ground beef (preferably sirloin or round)
- 1package dry onion soup mix
- 1tablespoon/15 milliliters Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon/15 milliliters ketchup (or tomato paste)
- 1teaspoon/5 milliliters sea salt
- 6hamburger buns
- 6slices Swiss cheese
- For the Topping:
- ½cup/120 milliliters mayonnaise
- 1 ½tablespoons/22.5 milliliters steak sauce
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Combine ground beef with soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup (or tomato sauce ), and salt.
Step 3Form into six equal-sized patties.
Step 4Preheat the grill for medium-high heat.
Step 5Place patties onto grill and cook for 6 to 7 minutes per side (or until internal temperature reaches a safe 165 F). During the last minute or two of cook time, place one slice of Swiss cheese on each patty.
Step 6Once the cheese has melted and patties are cooked through, remove from heat and place onto a cookie sheet or platter. Cover with aluminum foil.
Step 7To prepare burger topping, simply combine mayonnaise and steak sauce until mixed through. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days after preparation.
Step 8Assemble hamburgers and top off with mayonnaise mixture.
Step 9Serve immediately.