Keto Fat Bombs
No need to take your body out of ketosis when you're craving a sweet treat. These fat bombs taste like delicious peanut butter cookies.
- Serves: 20 persons
- ⅔cup unsalted toasted almonds
- 1cup natural unsweetened almond butter (or peanut, cashew, or sunflower butter)
- ¼cup unsalted butter (atroom temperature)
- ¼cup confectioners' erythritol (or other powdered keto-friendly sweetener )
- ½teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2ounces unsweetened chocolate (or keto-friendly dark chocolate)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Add the almonds to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse about 10 times, until some of the almonds are pulverized into powder and some are still chunky. Don't process too much or you'll make almond butter.
Step 3Add the almond or nut butter, unsalted butter, confectioners' erythritol, vanilla, and salt (if using). Process for one minute, stopping halfway through to scrape down the sides.
Step 4Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the mixture into even portions and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. If the mixture gets to warm, pop it back in the fridge for a few minutes.
Step 5Melt the chocolate in the microwave, heating for 30-second intervals and stirring, or melt over a double boiler . Drizzle each of the balls with chocolate.
Step 6Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up. Store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.