Slow-Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
No more dry corned beef! Cook this in your slow cooker all day and you're guaranteed success! Serve this with soda bread for a warm and satisfying meal.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 4large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
- 10baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4cups water
- 1(4 pound) corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 6ounces beer
- ½head cabbage, coarsely chopped
Step 1Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on High.
Step 2Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for 1 more hour.