Sesame-Ginger Grilled Chicken Breasts
This recipe for sesame-ginger grilled chicken blends sweet, salty and aromatic flavors into a simple but sophisticated Asian-inspired chicken dish.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4(4 to 6 ounces each) boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- For the Marinade:
- ½cup soy sauce
- 3garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- ¼cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1tablespoon fresh ginger root (peeled and grated)
- 4medium green onions (chopped)
- 2tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons whole fresh cilantro leaves
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2To make the marinade, in a large plastic zip top bag, combine the soy sauce , garlic, vinegar, honey, ginger, onions, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
Step 3Add the chicken breasts, squeeze any excess air out of the bag and seal tightly. Transfer the bag to the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
Step 4Remove chicken from the fridge 20 minutes before you're going to start cooking. Prepare a grill or grill pan by coating it with a bit of cooking oil; heat to high.
Step 5Remove chicken from the marinade. Grill 6 minutes per side, until tender and fully cooked. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.