Spice Rubbed Tri-Tip Roast
This rotisserie tri-tip roast has a great slow cooked flavor. The spice rub adds a rich southwestern touch.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2to 3 pounds/900 to 1300 grams tri-tip roast
- 2tablespoons/30 mL ground cumin
- 2tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 1tablespoon/15 mL garlic (minced)
- 2teaspoons/10 mL ground coriander
- 2teaspoons/10 mL coarse salt
- 1teaspoon/5 mL paprika
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper
- ½teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Mix together spices—ground cumin, minced garlic, ground coriander, coarse salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper—and olive oil in the mixing bowl.
Step 3Make shallow slits along the meat and rub in the spice mixture.
Step 4Place in a resealable bag anywhere from 4 hours to overnight.
Step 5Preheat grill and slide tri-tips onto the rotisserie skewer .
Step 6Secure prongs and place them on the grill on high heat for 20 minutes.
Step 7Reduce heat to medium-high for the remainder of the cooking time or when the internal temperature is between 150 F to 165 F / 65 C to 75 C.
Step 8Allow the roast to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Step 9Serve and enjoy.