Crockpot Apricot Chicken
Crockpot apricot chicken is a quick, wonderful, and sweet and savory recipe that combines apricot preserves and dry onion soup mix for a tasty sauce.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 6frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts (not thawed)
- 1package dry onion soup mix or homemade onion soup mix
- ½cup Russian or French salad dressing
- 1cup apricot preserves or jam
- 2tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or fresh lemon or lime juice, if preferred)
- 1teaspoon dried thyme leaves or basil leaves
- ⅛teaspoon pepper
Step 1In a 4-quart slow cooker , arrange the frozen chicken pieces. Wash your hands well with soap and water after touching the raw meat.
Step 2Mix the dry onion soup mix, Russian or French salad dressing, apricot preserves or jam, apple cider vinegar, dried thyme, and pepper in a medium bowl and stir well with a wire whisk to combine. Pour this mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Step 3Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked to 160 F on a meat thermometer and is tender when pierced with a fork.
Step 4If you like, you can thicken the mixture before serving. To thicken, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water or chicken stock in a small bowl and mix with a wire whisk until smooth. Add this mixture to the crockpot and stir; turn the appliance to high for 10 to 15 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
Step 5Serve the chicken and sauce with hot cooked rice or pasta.