Fabulous Fall Chicken Salad
Glazed pecans, crisp apples, and sweet dried cranberries give this salad a fall taste that is sure to satisfy all year round.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2(5 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1(8 ounce) package mixed salad greens, or to taste
- 2medium Fuji apples - peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½cup dried cranberries
- ½cup glazed pecans
- ¼cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3medium green onions, thinly sliced
- ½cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing, or to taste
Step 1Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Step 2Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil when the pan is hot. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear, 5 to 7 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes, then slice into strips.
Step 3Toss salad greens, apples, cranberries, pecans, Parmesan cheese, and green onions together in a large bowl until well blended. Top with chicken and serve with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.