Orange, herb & burrata salad with black olive dressing
Enjoy this vibrant orange, herb and burrata salad with black olive dressing for lunch or as a starter ahead of a main meal. Scatter with pistachios to serve
- Serves: 4 persons
- 3large oranges or 5 clementines, 1 zested
- 2handfuls of baby spinach and rocket mix
- small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- mint, leaves picked
- 1red onion, sliced thinly crosswise, rings separated
- 2balls of burrata, torn in half (ensure vegetarian)
- 25g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tsp honey
- 50g black Kalamata olives, drained and finely chopped
Step 1For the dressing, whisk the orange zest, mustard and a drizzle of the vinegar together until smooth. Add the remaining vinegar, the olive oil and honey, then stir in the olives and season with salt. Set aside.
Step 2Use a serrated knife to carefully cut the peel and pith away from all of the oranges, then slice into circles, removing any pips you come across. Pour any juice that collects on the chopping board into the dressing.
Step 3Scatter the leaves and herbs over a platter, then top with onion rings and oranges. Drizzle with half the dressing and gently toss with your hands to combine. Nestle the burrata pieces into the leaves, then pour the remaining dressing over the top and scatter with pistachios to serve.