Hash Brown Egg Casserole
This hash brown egg casserole is made with eggs, frozen hash browns, bell peppers, onions, cheese, and bacon, making it perfect for a hearty brunch.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 8large eggs
- 2cups milk
- 16ounces hash brown potatoes (frozen or refrigerated)
- 1medium red bell pepper (diced)
- 1medium green bell pepper (diced)
- 1medium onion ( diced )
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- Optional: 6 dashes hot sauce (or to taste)
- 2cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8slices bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces and cooked), divided
- 1cup shredded Colby cheese
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray.
Step 3In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
Step 4Fold in the hash brown potatoes, peppers, onion, garlic powder, black pepper, hot sauce (if using), and cheddar cheese.
Step 5Stir in half of the cooked bacon pieces.
Step 6Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the remaining bacon pieces and Colby cheese.
Step 7Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Step 8Remove the foil and bake for another 15 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Step 9Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
Step 10Serve and enjoy.