This is a good make-ahead recipe. In fact, I usually let it sit in the fridge for a few days before I reheat it! Feel free to experiment with the mixed vegetables. I use the Italian-style mixed veggies. Serve with warmed foccacia or French bread for dipping.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1pound ground beef
- 8slices turkey bacon
- 1(10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1(11.5 ounce) can condensed bean with bacon soup
- 3¾ cups water
- 1(8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1tablespoon dried basil
- 1tablespoon dried oregano
- 1(10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1(8 ounce) package egg noodles
Step 1In a large pot over high heat, combine the meat, bacon, consomme, soup, water, tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 2Add the vegetables and simmer for another 20 to 30 minutes. Add the egg noodles and simmer uncovered for another 10 minutes.