Gigi's Squash Casserole
This yellow squash casserole from Gigi is made with sliced squash, cream of chicken soup, onion, sour cream, and herb-seasoned stuffing.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2pounds yellow summer squash (sliced)
- 1small onion (chopped, about 1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- 1(10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1cup sour cream
- 1cup stuffing crumbs (herb-seasoned, or croutons)
- 2tablespoons melted butter
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C/Gas Mark 4. Butter a 1 1/2- to a 2-quart baking dish.
Step 3Add about an inch of water to a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add the squash and onion to the pan and cook until tender. Drain off the water.
Step 4In a bowl, combine the condensed soup and sour cream and blend well.
Step 5Add the well-drained sliced squash to the sour cream and soup mixture.
Step 6Spoon the squash mixture into the prepared baking dish.
Step 7Toss the stuffing crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
Step 8Bake on the lowest rack of the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Step 9Serve and enjoy.