Chilled Cucumber-Dill Soup
Another way to use up all those cucumbers that spring off the vine in summer. This is a spicy dill cucumber soup chilled to take down the heat a notch in summer. This soup is great made a day ahead and keeps for 3 days. Serve with some thin wheat crackers.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 4large cucumbers - peeled, seeded, and cubed, divided
- ½cup finely chopped yellow onion, divided
- ½cup finely chopped celery, divided
- ½cup grated carrots, divided
- 4medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼cup Greek yogurt
- ¼cup sour cream
- 2teaspoons white sugar
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
Step 1Set 1/4 cup of cubed cucumber aside.
Step 2Place remaining cucumbers, 1/4 cup onion, 1/4 cup celery, 1/4 cup carrots, jalapeno peppers, Greek yogurt, sour cream, sugar, garlic powder, dill, salt, and pepper into the bowl of an 8-cup electric blender or food processor and pulse until all ingredients are just blended.
Step 3Pour into a large bowl and stir in reserved 1/4 cup cucumber and remaining onion, celery, and carrots to add a little crunch to an otherwise creamy mixture. Taste for salt and pepper, adding more if desired.
Step 4Place into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.