Lyn's Chill Chaser Soup
Upstate New York gets mighty cold in the winter. I was playing around in the kitchen, wanting a hearty soup that would warm me up. This is what I came up with.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 1cup macaroni
- ½pound bulk hot pork sausage
- 1(28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 2(14.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1(4 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4tablespoons butter
- 3ounces chopped pepperoni
- onion powder to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add the macaroni and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
Step 2Crumble the sausage into a large, deep skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the sausage until completely browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
Step 3Combine the cooked sausage, tomatoes, broth, mushrooms, butter, pepperoni, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper in a large pot over medium heat and simmer 50 minutes; add the cooked macaroni and cook another 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.