Caribbean-Inspired Grilled Chicken Kabobs
Caribbean-inspired chicken kabobs. You can substitute green pepper for the red pepper, if desired.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1cup cream of coconut
- 1cup lemon juice
- 1tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 1red bell pepper, cut into chunks, or to taste
- 1sweet onion, cut into chunks, or to taste
- 1cup fresh pineapple chunks, or to taste
Step 1Whisk cream of coconut, lemon juice, bouillon, marjoram, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl until marinade is smooth.
Step 2Combine chicken, red bell pepper, onion, and pineapple in a shallow dish and cover with 1/2 of the marinade. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 4 to 6 hours.
Step 3Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
Step 4Remove chicken, vegetables, and pineapple from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade. Thread chicken, vegetables, and pineapple onto skewers.
Step 5Grill kabobs on the preheated grill, basting with the remaining marinade occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the vegetables are tender, 5 to 10 minutes per side.