Cherry Cream Cheese Dump Cake
I came up with this recipe to combine a couple of my husband's favorites. It's easy and very tasty. The family loves it! It is great with vanilla ice cream!
- Serves: 16 persons
- cooking spray (such as Pam®)
- 1(8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls (such as Pillsbury® Grands! Big and Flaky)
- 2(8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1cup white sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3tablespoons brown sugar
- 2teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1(12 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1(18.5 ounce) package yellow cake mix (such as Duncan Hines®)
- ¾cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
Step 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Step 2Unroll crescent rolls into the prepared dish, pinching the seams together.
Step 3Beat cream cheese, white sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; spread over crescent roll dough. Sprinkle brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon over cream cheese mixture layer.
Step 4Pour cherry pie filling over brown sugar layer. Sprinkle yellow cake mix over cherry pie filling. Arrange butter slices over cake mix and top with remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Wrap a piece of aluminum foil under baking dish to help prevent rolls from burning.
Step 5Bake in the preheated oven until cooked through, about 1 hour. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.