Edamame Hummus with Garlic Scapes
Glorious garlic-and-edamame-flavored hummus. I think this is my new favorite and a great way to use up garlic scapes from your CSA box.
- Serves: 3 persons
- 1(16 ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 5tablespoons cashews, or more to taste
- 3teaspoons salt, or as needed
- 1cup green garlic (garlic scapes), cut into pieces
- 1teaspoon coriander
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- 1small lemon, finely zested and juiced
- ¾cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed
Step 1Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Add edamame and cook until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Step 2Combine cashews and 1/8 teaspoon salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until blended, scraping sides multiple times until mixture has a firm, dough-like consistency. Add cooked edamame, garlic scapes, coriander, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 2 teaspoons salt and pulse to desired consistency. Pour olive oil in slowly, with the processor running, until hummus is smooth. Season with more olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.