Spicy Breakfast Casserole With Andouille Sausage
This is a delicious breakfast casserole recipe made with spicy andouille sausage, veggies, and Cajun flavors.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 12to 16 ounces smoked andouille sausage , thinly sliced
- ½cup chopped onion
- ½cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 6large eggs
- 1 ½cups milk
- 1teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning blend
- ¼teaspoon black pepper
- 1tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, optional
- 4slices bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2medium tomatoes, diced
- 2cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Heat oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gas 4. Butter a shallow 2-quart baking dish .
Step 3In a large skillet, cook sliced sausage with the onion and bell pepper until vegetables are translucent. Whisk eggs with milk in a bowl with the Creole seasoning, pepper, and parsley, if using and set aside.
Step 4Arrange the torn bread pieces over the bottom of the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with the sausage mixture and the diced tomatoes. Top with cheddar cheese, then pour the egg mixture evenly over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Step 5Bake the casserole for 35 to 40 minutes, or until it is puffy and lightly browned.