Slow Cooker Ham Bone Soup
Make another dinner out of that expensive ham! No leftovers to waste. This delicious ham bone soup in the slow cooker is very satisfying. Enjoy!
- Serves: 8 persons
- 8cups warm water, or more as needed
- 4cubes chicken bouillon
- 1(28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1(15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1(10 ounce) ham bone with meat
- 4medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1medium onion, diced
- 1cup cubed leftover ham, or more to taste
- 1(16 ounce) package elbow macaroni, or more to taste
Step 1Combine 8 cups water and bouillon cubes in a slow cooker; stir until bouillon is dissolved. Add tomatoes, beans, ham bone, potatoes, onion, and leftover ham. Cook on Low until ham is coming off the bone, about 8 hours. Taste and add another cup of water if too salty.
Step 2When the soup is almost done, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
Step 3Drain macaroni and add desired amount to the soup.
Step 4Remove ham bone. Shred meat and discard bone. Return meat to the soup, stir to combine, and serve.