Rocky Road Salad
Like a caramel apple in a bowl! Perfect treat when you are looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth. This recipe is based on a salad I got from Winn-Dixie. Since I couldn't find a recipe for it, I decided to make my own. The caramel dressing is based on the brown sugar fruit dip. Pink Lady apples work well for this recipe. To peel or not to peel? I prefer the salad with the peels on.
- Serves: 1 person
- 1(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½cup dark brown sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2cups miniature marshmallows
- ½cup finely chopped peanuts
- ½cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 5apples, cored and chopped
Step 1Blend cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in marshmallows, peanuts, and chocolate chips. Add chopped apples and toss until coated. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until marshmallows have softened, at least 2 hours.