Sage and Cumin Pork Tenderloin
A unique blending of sage, cumin, and other spices are used in this recipe. I recommend grilling over charcoal, but gas works just as well.
- Serves: 6 persons
- For the Marinade:
- ⅓cup/80 milliliters olive oil
- 1shallot (chopped)
- 1to 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2tablespoons/30 milliliters white cooking wine
- 3leaves fresh sage
- 1teaspoon/5 milliliters cumin
- 1teaspoon/5 milliliters salt
- 1teaspoon/5 milliliters paprika
- ¼teaspoon/1.25 milliliters white pepper
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 milliliters cayenne pepper
- For the Tenderloin:
- 2medium-sized pork tenderloins
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In blender or food processor, blend marinade ingredients.
Step 3Place tenderloins into resealable plastic bag. Pour mixture onto pork, making sure it is well coated (this will be a thick marinade), seal bags and place into the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
Step 4Prepare the charcoal grill, or if using gas, preheat to medium.
Step 5Remove tenderloins from bag and place onto grill.
Step 6Cook, turning occasionally, for 35 to 45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
Step 7Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
Step 8Slice into medallions and serve.