Cannellini White Bean Soup With Swiss Chard
Cannellini beans and Swiss chard combine in this simple vegan white bean soup recipe.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ⅔cup onion (chopped)
- 1medium carrot (chopped small)
- 2ribs celery (diced)
- 2cloves garlic (minced)
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 3cups vegetable broth
- 1(15-ounce) can cannellini beans (drained)
- 2cups chopped Swiss chard
- ½cup corn kernels, optional
- ⅓cup macaroni, small shells, or orzo pasta, optional
- 1teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2In a large soup pot, sauté the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 3Add the beans, Swiss chard, vegetable broth, corn (if using), macaroni pasta, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pot, stirring to combine them.
Step 4Bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium simmer. Heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until macaroni and chard are both cooked.
Step 5Serve and enjoy your white bean and Swiss chard soup.