Roasted Cod With Tomatoes, Basil, and Mozzarella
Cod fish topped with fresh cherry tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella makes an elegant yet simple recipe. Everything is layered in a dish and baked.
- Serves: 2 persons
- 2(8-ounce) cod fillets, skinned, pin bones removed
- 1tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling over top
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2handfuls red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1handful fresh basil leaves
- 1ball buffalo mozzarella , finely sliced
- 1handful grated Parmesan cheese
Step 1Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 425 F and arrange a rack in the top of the oven. Oil a roasting pan or baking dish.
Step 2Place the cod fillets in the prepared dish. Drizzle the fish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Step 3Place the halved tomatoes, basil leaves, and mozzarella slices on top of the fillets. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and drizzle over some olive oil.
Step 4Place the dish on the top rack of the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the fish is opaque, flakes easily, and the cheese has turned golden brown.