Pike's Gooey Syrup
This apple-cinnamon-pecan topping is excellent on pancakes, waffles, French toast, or as filling in a crepe.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 4½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4Red Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 3tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1cup brown sugar
- 3teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅔cup chopped pecans, toasted
Step 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in apples, brown sugar, corn syrup, cinnamon and pecans. When bubbling, reduce heat to low. Simmer until apples are soft, and syrup has thickened slightly, 10 to 15 minutes.