Turkey Garbanzo Rice
Rice, beans and fideo were always a staple in my childhood home. My mother created endless combinations of unique meals for our entire family every day. I try to instill that family tradition in my son and create a variety of different meals with classic and new ingredients I find during my weekly grocery shopping trips.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1pound boneless, skinless turkey breast, chopped into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1(5.4 ounce) package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ - Yellow Rice
- ⅔cup canned garbanzo beans, drained
- ⅔cup chopped tomato
- 1avocado - peeled, pitted, chopped
- 2tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Step 1Season turkey with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and cook turkey, turning the pieces carefully to cook evenly. Add lime juice, stir and set aside.
Step 2Prepare Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ Yellow Rice according to package instructions.
Step 3Stir in turkey, garbanzo beans and tomato and cover. Cook for 1 minute. Add avocado and parsley, remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!