Quick Italian Rice Soup
A quick and simple soup full of veggies and protein to fill anyone's appetite!
- Serves: 8 persons
- 1pound ground beef
- ½cup chopped onion
- 1(14.5 ounce) can no salt-added diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1(15 ounce) can low-sodium Great Northern beans
- 2(32 ounce) cartons reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1(12 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1(5.5 ounce) package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Beef
Step 1In a large pot over medium high heat, cook ground beef and onions, breaking up larger ground beef pieces, until beef is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink. Drain off fat.
Step 2Stir in tomatoes, beans, and broth; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. When mixture begins to bubble, add vegetables and rice. Allow to come back to a simmer; reduce heat to medium for a gentle simmer.
Step 3Cook until rice is tender and vegetables are warmed through, about 8 minutes.