Gluten-Free Cheese Sauce
This gluten-free cheese sauce is very easy to make and a delicious way to enhance steamed vegetables or gluten-free pasta dishes.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 3tablespoons butter
- 3tablespoons amaranth flour (gluten-free )
- 1 ¼cups lukewarm milk (or dairy-free substitute )
- 2tablespoons Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 2tablespoons Swiss cheese (freshly grated)
- ¼teaspoon seasoned salt (gluten-free)
- ¼teaspoon onion powder (gluten-free, not salt)
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat.
Step 3Whisk in amaranth flour and stir until bubbly paste forms. Cook for 2 minutes. Be cautious not to let mixture brown.
Step 4Add milk or dairy-free substitute and whisk until sauce is smooth and thick. Bring just to a slow boil, then remove from heat.
Step 5Add grated cheeses and gluten-free seasonings and stir until cheeses melt and sauce is smooth and creamy.
Step 6Serve warm on fresh steamed vegetables or gluten-free pasta .