Lavraki sto fourno se Harti (Herbed Sea Bass Baked in Paper)
A delicious and attractive presentation dish, each fish is stuffed with herbs, topped with tomatoes, baked and served in the paper wrapping.
- Serves: 16 persons
- 4sea bass (about 1 to 1 1/4 pound each)
- 1 ½to 2 bunches of parsley (fresh, finely chopped)
- 5cloves of garlic (thinly sliced)
- 2tablespoons of lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2tablespoons of olive oil
- Sea salt (to taste)
- 1rounded tablespoon of Greek oregano (rigani)
- 24slices of tomato (thin, round, 4-5 large tomatoes)
- Olive oil (for brushing)
- 1cup of white wine
- 3cups of water
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat oven to 400 to 410 F/205 to 210 C.
Step 3Gut and scale the fish (leaving heads on) and rinse well.
Step 4Pat dry.
Step 5Lightly salt inside and out.
Step 6Combine parsley, garlic, lemon juice, two tablespoons of olive oil, oregano, and a little more salt.
Step 7Stuff the stomach cavities.
Step 8Pour the wine and water into the bottom of a large baking pan (about 15 3/4 inches by 13 3/4 inches or equivalent).
Step 9Brush a piece of paper with oil.
Step 10Lay three tomato slices on the oiled side, one fish on top, and three more tomato slices on top of the fish.
Step 11Wrap each fish up in a piece of paper and place, seam side down, in the baking pan.
Step 12Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
Step 13To test for doneness, press the paper with your hand. The fish should be soft.
Step 14Serve and enjoy!