This is delicious on a cold wintry day. Add fresh cornbread and salad for a great meal.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1pound lean ground beef
- 1cup chopped onion
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 2(15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1(28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2tablespoons chili powder
- 1tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Step 1In a 2 quart saucepan, brown hamburger in vegetable oil. Add onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is soft. Pour off any excess fat.
Step 2Stir in beans, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, and vinegar. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat to boiling, and reduce heat. Cover, and simmer 30 minutes.