Grandma Birdie's Broccoli Salad
This is so good! This broccoli salad recipe comes from my Nana Birdie.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 2heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1medium carrot, shredded
- ¼medium red onion, minced
- 5slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1cup mayonnaise
- ¼cup red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce (such as Frank's® RedHot®)
- ½teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower florets to the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Drain, then transfer florets to a bowl of ice water to cool.
Step 2Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, pepper sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper for dressing together in a bowl.
Step 3Remove florets from the ice water and put on paper towels to dry.
Step 4When ready to serve, transfer florets to a large bowl. Mix in carrot, onion, and bacon. Pour in dressing and toss until well distributed. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.