Spicy Deviled Eggs
I made these for a holiday party, and have been asked to make them over and over again ever since. I've been told they have a good unique flavor to them. Hope you enjoy them as much as my friends and family!
- Serves: 24 persons
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1pinch salt and black pepper
- ¼teaspoon ground paprika, for dusting (divided)
- 1(6 ounce) can black olives, drained and cut in half horizontally
Step 1Place eggs in a saucepan with a lid, pour in water to cover, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water and let cool. Peel the eggs.
Step 2Cut each egg in half lengthwise, remove the yolks, and place the yolks in a bowl with the mustard, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and salt and pepper. Mash the yolks, and stir the mixture until smooth and thoroughly combined.
Step 3Fill each egg half with the deviled yolk mixture, using a spoon, piping bag, or a sturdy plastic bag with a corner cut off. Dust each egg with a pinch of paprika, and place an olive half, round side up, in the center of each. Refrigerate until chilled, 20 to 30 minutes, and serve cold.