Quick chicken hummus bowl
Make our healthy chicken and hummus salad bowl for a delicious budget lunch option. It can be thrown together in just 10 minutes and delivers three of your 5-a-day
- Serves: 2 persons
- 200g hummus
- 1small lemon , zested and juiced
- 200g pouch cooked mixed grains
- 150g baby spinach , roughly chopped
- 1small avocado , halved and sliced
- 1cooked chicken breast , sliced at an angle
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- ½red onion , finely sliced
- 2tbsp toasted almonds
Step 1Mix 2 tbsp of the hummus with half the lemon juice, the lemon zest and enough water to make a drizzly dressing. Squeeze the grain pouch to separate the grains, then divide between two shallow bowls and toss through the dressing. Top each bowl with a handful of the spinach.
Step 2Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over the avocado halves, then add one half to each bowl. Divide the chicken, pomegranate seeds, onion, almonds and remaining hummus between the two bowls and gently mix everything together just before eating.