Black Beans with Coconut Water
Amazing black beans with coconut water for serving over jasmine rice. Even my Cuban in-laws love it!
- Serves: 5 persons
- 4slices bacon, diced
- 1medium onion, peeled and halved
- 1jalapeno pepper, seeded and halved
- 1(29 ounce) can canned black beans (such as Goya®)
- 1(12 ounce) can unsweetened coconut water
- ½cup white Spanish cooking wine
- ½tablespoon ground cumin
- 1bay leaf
Step 1Cook and stir bacon, onion, and jalapeno over medium heat in a medium-sized soup pot until bacon begins to brown and is mostly cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in black beans, coconut water, white cooking wine, cumin, and bay leaf. Cover and cook over medium heat until thickened, about 1 hour.