Parmesan Cottage Fries
This is an easy recipe that does not really need accurate measurements to come out well. The time that you bake the potatoes depends on how fat you make the chunks.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 6potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2tablespoons olive oil, or to taste
- 1cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2cloves garlic, chopped, divided
- 2tablespoons butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1pinch garlic and herb seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash®)
- 12large mushrooms, quartered
- 3Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1slice onion
Step 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a 10x15-inch glass baking dish.
Step 2Spread potatoes into the baking dish; drizzle olive oil on top. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and 1 garlic clove over potatoes.
Step 3Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Step 4Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat; season with 1 garlic clove, salt, pepper, and garlic-herb seasoning. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion. Cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
Step 5Remove baking dish from the oven. Flip potatoes and stir in mushroom mixture.
Step 6Return baking dish to the oven; continue roasting until potatoes are slightly browned, about 15 minutes more.