Caramel-Churro Chex™ Mix
Yes, they are wicked… wickedly delicious, that is. And they're also addictive.
- Serves: 12 persons
- 3½ cups crispy rice cereal squares (such as Rice Chex®)
- 3½ cups bite-size corn square cereal (such as Corn Chex®)
- 1cup halved pretzel sticks
- ½cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓cup brown sugar
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1cup white sugar
- 2tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½cup caramels, each unwrapped and cut into 4 pieces
Step 1Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2Combine rice and corn cereal squares, pretzels, and peanuts in a large bowl; stir to combine. Whisk butter, brown sugar, and vanilla together in a bowl; drizzle over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
Step 3Whisk together white sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over cereal mixture; toss again to thoroughly coat. Add cereal mixture to the baking sheet, and spread out evenly.
Step 4Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in caramels, and store in an airtight container.