Instant Pot® Ground Turkey and Potato Soup
Ground turkey breast and potato soup in the Instant Pot®.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼medium onion, chopped
- 1pound extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 2tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon steak seasoning, or to taste
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 4cups chicken broth, or as needed
- 4medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- ½cup corn
- ½cup heavy whipping cream
- 1(8 ounce) package slaw mix
Step 1Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®), add oil, and select Saute function. Cook bell pepper and onion in the hot oil until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in ground turkey. Add garlic, pepper, steak seasoning, and cumin; cook and stir until turkey has browned evenly and is no longer pink, 14 to 16 minutes.
Step 2Pour 1/4 cup chicken broth into the pan and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Mix in potatoes and corn. Add remaining chicken broth until potatoes are just covered.
Step 3Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 6 minutes. Allow 5 to 10 minutes for pressure to build.
Step 4Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
Step 5Select Saute function and bring to a boil. Pour in heavy cream, stirring as you add it. Add slaw and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the cooker and let sit until slaw is tender, about 5 minutes.