Farro and Tomato Salad
This delicious farro salad is made with fresh parsley, lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, and canned great northern beans.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2cups water
- 1cup pearled farro
- 12ounces canned great northern beans, drained
- ½cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼cup freshly chopped parsley
- ¼cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add farro and reduce heat, cover, and simmer until farro is tender and liquid has been absorbed, up to 40 minutes.
Step 2Fold cooked farro, great northern beans, cherry tomatoes, parsley, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper together gently in a bowl and stir to combine.