Courgette, chilli & mint with pearl couscous
Rustle up our simple weeknight supper in 25 minutes. The courgettes and couscous require minimal prep, and mint, chilli, garlic and lemon combine to create a punchy dressing
- Serves: 2 persons
- 100g pearl couscous
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 400g courgettes, roughly chopped
- ½red onion, sliced
- 1red chilli (deseeded if you prefer less heat), finely chopped
- 2garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 10g mint, leaves picked and finely chopped, plus a few whole to serve
- ½lemon, juiced
- 1tbsp honey
- 50g light Greek-style salad cheese
Step 1Cook the couscous following pack instructions, then drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Tip in the courgettes and onion and fry, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, about 8-10 mins. Stir in the chilli and garlic and cook for a further 2-3 mins until fragrant.
Step 2Remove from the heat and stir through the chopped mint, lemon juice, honey and seasoning. Divide the couscous between plates, top with the courgette mix, crumble over the cheese and scatter with the whole mint leaves to serve.