Jerk-seasoned chicken pilaf
Make this jerk-seasoned chicken pilaf for an easy midweek meal. It takes 30 minutes from prep to plate, so makes a speedy as well as healthy supper
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1onion , finely sliced
- 4boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into thick strips
- 1-2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1green chilli , deseeded and sliced (optional)
- 2large garlic cloves , crushed
- 2x 250g pouches microwave basmati rice , cooked
- 400g can kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 1lime , zested and juiced, plus wedges to serve
- 3spring onions , finely sliced
- ½small bunch of coriander , finely chopped
Step 1Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and fry for 5-6 mins. Add the chicken and fry for 7-8 mins more. Stir in the jerk seasoning, chilli, if using, and garlic, and cook for 1 min.
Step 2Stir in the rice, beans and lime zest and juice. Cook until heated through. Scatter over the spring onions, coriander and serve with the extra lime wedges.