Gift a gourmet marshmallow dippers kit, with a velvety chocolate ganache and a sweet and salty caramel sauce that will keep in the fridge for two weeks
- Serves: 4 persons
- 150g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 30g caster sugar
- 175ml double cream
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 150ml double cream
- 125ml light muscovado sugar
- 50g salted butter
- ½tsp instant espresso powder
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- 2x 330ml jars, for the sauces
- 6g tube freeze-dried raspberries
- 3small jars, for the toppings
- 4tbsp toasted desiccated coconut
- 4tbsp finely chopped hazelnuts
- large bag of marshmallows (ensure vegetarian, if needed)
- small wooden skewers
Step 1To make the chocolate sauce, tip the chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Gently heat the sugar, cream and syrup together in a saucepan over a low heat to just below simmering. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and leave to stand for 2 mins. Stir until the chocolate has melted and the sauce is smooth and glossy. Pour into a 330ml jar. Will keep chilled for two weeks.
Step 2Melt the caramel sauce ingredients together in a saucepan over a low heat, then simmer for 4-5 mins to thicken. Pour into a 330ml jar. Will keep chilled for two weeks.
Step 3Spoon the freeze-dried raspberries into a small jar, the coconut into a second and the hazelnuts into a third. Pack these into a gift box or bag, along with the marshmallows and wooden skewers. Keep the two sauces chilled, then add to the box just before gifting.