Fresh Tomato Shrimp Pasta
Fresh tomatoes and spinach, fresh herbs, and fresh mozzarella combine with shrimp and fettuccine for an easy summer dinner.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 8ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 3cloves garlic
- ½sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 3tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 4medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1cup spinach leaves
- 1pound cooked shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 8ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
Step 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
Step 2In the container of a food processor, combine the garlic, onion and oregano. Pulse until finely chopped. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion mixture; cook and stir until fragrant and almost golden. Mix in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes while the pasta is cooking, stirring occasionally.
Step 3Mix in spinach until it wilts, then just before the pasta is done, stir in the shrimp. Cook until heated through. Toss with pasta in a large serving bowl, and mix in mozzarella cheese.