Grilled Espresso Tri-Tip Roast
Coffee is a great seasoning and works beautifully in marinades. It helps to bring out the natural beefiness of steaks and tri-tip roasts.
- Serves: 6 persons
- 2pound/900 g tri-tip roast , about 6 ounces each
- 3tablespoons/45 mL espresso coffee beans (finely ground)
- 3tablespoons/45 mL brown sugar
- 1tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 2teaspoons/10 mL sea salt
- 1teaspoon/5 mL black pepper (coarse ground)
- 1teaspoon/5 mL onion powder
- ½teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Combine espresso beans, brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, and chili powder. Rub mixture onto steaks and place into a resealable container. Cover and allow to refrigerate for an hour.
Step 3Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove steaks from fridge and place on grill. Cook for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on the thickness of roast and desired doneness.
Step 4Once cooked, remove from heat allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
Step 5Serve and enjoy!