Salmon Stuffed Peppers
These tasty stuffed peppers are filled with a stuffing mixture of salmon, onion, Parmesan, and breadcrumbs.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 4bell peppers, seeded, clean, and halved
- 1tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1cup soft bread crumbs, divided
- 1large egg, slightly beaten
- ½cup milk
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ½-ounces can salmon
- 2tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Preheat oven to 400 F. Boil peppers in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain well.
Step 3Combine onion, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, egg, milk, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and salmon.
Step 4Fill pepper the shells with the salmon mixture.
Step 5Mix melted butter with the remaining breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over stuffed peppers.
Step 6Place in a shallow baking dish in preheated oven for 15 minutes.