Vegetarian Sausage Substitute Pizza
Use vegetarian sausage substitute to top off this pesto pizza made with vegan cheese, pesto and artichokes. Be sure to use a vegan pesto if you want to keep this pizza recipe completely dairy-free.
- Serves: 8 persons
- 12ounces vegetarian Italian-style sausages
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1(11-inch) prebaked thin pizza crust
- ¾cup tomato sauce
- 1(14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1cup grated vegan mozzarella cheese substitute
- ¼cup prepared vegan pesto
Step 1Preheat the oven to 450 F.
Step 2In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add vegetarian sausages; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Cut into 1/2-inch rounds.
Step 3Place pizza crust on baking sheet and spread with tomato sauce, leaving a 1-inch border. Scatter sausage and artichokes on top, then sprinkle with non-dairy cheese.
Step 4Bake pizza for 12 to 14 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.
Step 5Remove from oven, dot with pesto; bake 2 minutes more. See also: