Honey-Quinoa Salad with Cherries and Cashews
It's hard to relax with your stomach rumbling. Serve up a light, yet hunger-busting salad. If making this ahead, add the vinaigrette just before serving.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1cup water
- ⅔cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ½teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼cup honey
- 2tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1clove garlic, minced
- ¼teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼cup olive oil
- 1cup fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- ½cup coarsely chopped cashews
- ½cup dried apricots, thinly sliced
- ¼cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4cups torn Bibb lettuce
Step 1Stir water, quinoa, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Step 2Meanwhile, whisk honey, ginger, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly, until fully incorporated.
Step 3Fluff quinoa with a fork. Stir together quinoa, cherries, cashews, dried apricots, and red onion in a large bowl. Add lettuce. Drizzle with 1/2 cup honey vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve salad with remaining vinaigrette.