Easy Chipotle Hummus
Easy homemade hummus with chipotle and spices. Creamy and slightly spicy. Serve with pita bread or pita chips. Garnish with herbs and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Pairs well with mild cheeses, cucumber, jicama, radishes, and sweet peppers.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ⅓cup tahini, or more to taste
- 2lemons, juiced
- 2tablespoons chipotle sauce, or more to taste
- 2cloves garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 1tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½teaspoon sea salt
- 2(15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
- ¼cup olive oil, or to taste
Step 1Combine tahini, lemon juice, chipotle sauce, garlic, cumin, turmeric, lemon zest, pepper, and salt in a blender; blend until thoroughly combined.
Step 2Pour half of the garbanzo beans and half of the olive oil into the blender; blend, adding some of the reserved garbanzo bean liquid, until mixture is the consistency of pudding. Add remaining garbanzo beans and olive oil; blend, adding more of the liquid, until mixture is the consistency of a very thick paste. Continue blending until smooth, about 3 minutes.