Broccoli, Quinoa and Purslane Salad
Slice the raw broccoli very thin for this delicious salad. If you can’t find purslane you can substitute mâche.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ½pound broccoli crowns (about 2 large), sliced very thin
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1garlic clove, puréed
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼pound purslane, thick stems trimmed, or mâche
- 1 ½cups cooked quinoa
- 2tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- 1 ½cups wild or baby arugula
Step 1Place the sliced broccoli and all the little bits of florets that remain on your cutting board after you slice it in a large bowl.
Step 2Whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, garlic, pepper and olive oil and toss with the broccoli. Let marinate for about 10 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Step 3Add the purslane or mâche, the quinoa and the tarragon to the bowl and toss together.
Step 4Line plates or a platter with the arugula, top with the salad, and serve.