Instant Pot® Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk
I do not like butternut squash soup, but I love this recipe. I adapted it for the Instant Pot® pressure cooker. You may garnish with unsweetened coconut flakes, salted peanuts, Parmesan cheese, or any other topping you think would add to your enjoyment.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1large butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1cup water
- 2(2 inch) pieces peeled turmeric, finely grated
- 1(1 inch) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1(14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1cup chicken stock, or as needed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step 1Combine butternut squash, water, turmeric, and ginger in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 8 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
Step 2Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Pour in coconut milk. Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
Step 3Select Saute function. Gradually add chicken stock until desired consistency is reached. Season with salt and pepper.