Strawberry Ricotta Stuffed Whole Grain French Toast
A delicious restaurant favorite made easy with Roman Meal.
- Serves: 4 persons
- ½cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4large eggs large eggs, beaten
- ½cup milk
- ½teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 8slices Roman Meal Bread
- 2cups fresh sliced strawberries, divided
- 1serving non-stick cooking spray
- 2tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4tablespoons maple syrup
Step 1Combine ricotta cheese and sugar in small bowl; mix well. Combine eggs, milk and vanilla extract in shallow bowl; mix well.
Step 2Spread ricotta-sugar mixture evenly over 4 bread slices. Top each slice with 1/4 cup strawberries and remaining bread to form sandwiches.
Step 3Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 4Sprinkle with powdered sugar; top with remaining strawberries. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.