Easy chicken casserole
This flavoursome, low-fat chicken casserole is easy to make and freezes really well, so why not make double and freeze for speedy midweek meals?
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 400g boneless, skinless chicken thigh , trimmed and cut into chunks
- 1onion , finely chopped
- 3carrots , finely chopped
- 3celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2thyme sprigs or ½ tsp dried
- 1bay leaf , fresh or dried
- 600ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 2x 400g / 14oz cans haricot beans , drained
- chopped parsley , to serve
Step 1Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chicken, then fry until lightly browned. Add the veg, then fry for a few mins more. Stir in the herbs and stock. Bring to the boil. Stir well, reduce the heat, then cover and cook for 40 mins, until the chicken is tender.
Step 2Stir the beans into the pan, then simmer for 5 mins. Stir in the parsley and serve with crusty bread.