Sautéed Clamshell (Brown Beech) Mushrooms
This simple sautéed clamshell mushroom recipe turns these interesting mushrooms into a delicious side dish or ingredient for pasta or pizza.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 2tablespoons cold butter (divided)
- 1pound clamshell mushrooms (trimmed)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste (freshly ground)
- 1clove garlic (finely minced)
- ½cup chicken broth
- 1teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Step 1Gather the ingredients.
Step 2Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and a big pinch of salt.
Step 3Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes, or until mushroom juices have evaporated and they've begun to brown slightly.
Step 4Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
Step 5Add chicken broth and balsamic vinegar.
Step 6Turn heat up to high, let liquid come to a boil, and cook for a few minutes, until almost all the liquid is evaporated.
Step 7Turn off heat and stir in remaining tablespoon of butter. Add thyme, if using. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.